Collection and Use of Personal Data
What Personal Data We Collect
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Data You Provide: We receive and store any information you provide when you use our products and services or give us in any other way, such as when you create an account, write a review, or participate in an online survey. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our website, and communicating with you.
- Data about Payment: To enable payment when you make a purchase, we collect personal data in connection with your purchase, such as your name, billing and delivery addresses, email address, telephone number, credit card information and other authentication information. This information will only be shared with third parties who help to complete the purchase transaction. Examples of this include fulfilling orders and processing credit card payments.
- Automatic Data: When you visit our website, we receive and gather certain types of information automatically. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies”, and we may collect information about the type of device you use, your device's unique identifier, the IP address of your device, your operating system, the type of Internet browser that you use, usage information, diagnostic information, and location information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices access our products or services. Where available, our services may use your IP address and other technologies to determine a device's approximate location to allow us to improve our products and services. We use this information to improve the content of the Services, market research purposes, to communicate information to visitors and to better tailor our Services to our users’ needs.
How We Use Your Personal Data
- operate, maintain, and improve our website, products, and services;
- customize your experience;
- respond to comments and questions and provide customer service;
- send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
- link or combine user information with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity;
- process orders or otherwise provide and deliver products and services you request;
- process and deliver orders for additional services;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network; and
- develop and improve marketing and advertising for the Services and partner services.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We make certain personal data available to strategic partners that work with us to provide our products and services or help us market to customers. Personal data will only be shared by us with these companies in order to provide or improve our products, services, and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your prior express consent.
Corporate Affiliates and Corporate Business Transactions
We may share personal data with all Jolly Leapers Affiliate Companies. In the event of a merger, reorganization, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, spin-off, transfer, or sale or disposition of all or any portion of our business, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings, we may transfer any and all personal data to the relevant third party.
We share personal data with companies that provide services on our behalf, such as website hosting, email services, marketing, and other promotions, auditing, fulfilling customer orders, delivering packages, data analytics, processing credit card payments, providing customer service, and conducting customer research and satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your data and may be located wherever we operate.
They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Legal Compliance and Security
It may be necessary—by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence — for us to disclose personal data. We may also disclose personal data if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose personal data if we determine in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights and pursue available remedies, enforce our terms and conditions, investigate fraud, or protect our operations or users.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Third-Party Websites and Services
Our websites, products, and services may contain links to or the ability for you to access third-party websites, products, and services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by those third parties, nor are we responsible for the information or content their products and services contain. This Privacy Statement applies solely to data collected by us through our products and services. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any third party before proceeding to use their websites, products, or services.
We do not use the Application to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent. Please immediately Contact Us if you become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal data.
We use reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to your data, and to correctly use the data we collect. For example, access to your personal data is restricted to our employees, contractors, and agents who need access to such data to perform their assigned job duties.
It is important that you take precautions to protect against unauthorized access to your Jolly Leapers products, account credentials, and computer or other devices. If you feel that the security of your account or personal data has been compromised, please immediately Contact Us. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security system is impenetrable. In the event of a security breach, we will promptly notify you and the proper authorities if required by law.
We will retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.